Saturday, November 24, 2018

FRIDAY AT THE FORGE

It was good to be back in the shop today following a week lay off because of bad weather and and RA flare up. All three Brothers were in the shop today, each working on our own project, Brother George is manufacturing a Gyroscope on the Lathe, Brother Dave made a bottom Fullering tool for the Hardy-hole on the Anvil at the welder,  (a Fullering tool is used to gain a smoother finish to the reins or shape you want to draw out) and I made campfire poker #1, with a good hook, a reverse twist and a ring to hang it up with.
I have a very good start on Poker # 2  which I will very likely finish next Friday. The nice thing about these pokers is that each one will be unique, and I guarantee that you will never find an exact match. Should you be looking for a good campfire poker, you can let me know and I will turn one out for you. 
The biggest problem with Friday at the Forge is that the time just flies by and the day is over far too soon, just like Square Dancing, when everyone is Dancing well and the music is good, the Dance is over far too soon, didn't someone say "Time flies when your having fun".
Sunday Nov. 25 is Cookie Club and I hope I can make Dancing as much fun for you as Calling, Teaching and Forging is for me.
That's all I have for today, take care of yourself and each other and I'll see you on the Dance Floor

No comments:

Post a Comment