Friday, November 30, 2018

FRIDAY AT THE FORGE

Wow! Another "Friday at the Forge" is history, where did our day go? I guess when the "Brothers Three" get into the shop (aka, Seniors Day Care Centre) about 9:00 AM, time stands still for a few minutes and then it is 2:30 PM and time to pick-up, wash-up, pack-up and close-up. Three old men living the childhood they never had or as my friends Kyle and Kieran at Luxe Auto Lounge said "We Are Living The Dream". 

Today I had my very first experience at running the T.I.G. Welder, under Dave's good guidance, however, I was not impressed with my results, but then again it was my first run, and as I figure I can't get any worse, I can only get better at it, so git to it. There is some hope for betterment.
The good news is that I did forge out another Campfire Poker with a double bit and a twist and reverse twist through the handle and the shaft with a forge welded flip-back at the handle.


I am pretty happy with these two pokers, this one and last weeks, which I have made so far. Next Friday I'll try to make another poker, but, we have to get started building a Power Hammer and some Fuller Tools, plus, I want to also design a blade or a Bowie Knife for future manufacturing. This all could take some time to design, hopefully, with the help of the internet and then to make. I can assure you, my right arm and right shoulder will appreciate the Power Hammer once it becomes a reality. 
All in all, it was a very fine day, lots of work, lots of laughs, some learning, some fatigue, some self frustration, some accomplishments, but totally ALL FUN.





No comments:

Post a Comment