Saturday, October 27, 2018

FRIDAY AT THE FORGE

Good Saturday morning to you, the temperature is 0C and feels like -5C and there is a chance of showers by this afternoon. Sorry I didn't get writing this up earlier, but yesterday was Friday At The Forge, I was there before 9:00 AM and left about 2:00 PM which could be considered a full day. However, I only got about half as much accomplished as I had thought I would. I didn't calculate how long it takes to hammer one piece of red hot steel into the shape I wanted it to be, so next "Friday At The Forge" will be a continuation of today's adventure, only on the other half of my Tong production. 
This was a great day in my life and I had a ton of fun being with my Brother and at the anvil, and now we both know learning to do this Blacksmithing thing takes a good bit of patients, preparation, concentration, examination and perspiration, all before fatigue sets in, and we are DONE. One thing we have learned in the last two Fridays is, now we know why there are not Blacksmith's Shops on every corner like there are Tim Horton's. This is really quite an art-form, but if it wasn't difficult, it wouldn't be worth while doing, me thinks.
Tomorrow is "COOKIE CLUB SUNDAY" I know many are are away, so this is a good chance to hone up your A2 skill level and I will try to make it so. I will post the Program tomorrow morning.

I don't have much else right now, so take care of yourself and each other and I'll see you on the Dance Floor or Friday At The Forge.

No comments:

Post a Comment