Thursday, October 25, 2018

THURSDAY

Good cool Thursday morning to you, yes! I know it's a little early but I woke up thinking about "Friday at the Forge" and couldn't get back to sleep, so here I am. The temperature now is +1C but the 19 km/h wind out of the North West makes it feel like -4C. Today and tomorrow we will see a mix of sun and cloud throughout the day.

Another good night at the Village Squares last night, with fantastic decorations by Robert & Rosie, fantastic snacks by Gay & Dave, good participation with all the costumes, and some really good dancing. Also, thanks to Joe and Evelyn, our webmasters, for coming out to visit and taking some pictures. 

Tomorrow is Friday at the Forge and I am hoping to produce a pair of V Bit Tongs. Tongs are simply a long handled pair of pliers used to hold hot steel while placing the steel in and out of the forge and holding it at the anvil, there are tongs for every shape and size of handable steel and V Bit Tongs are very useful for us at this time, and that is why I will make them first. The best part of Blacksmithing is all you need is a Forge, an Anvil and a Hammer some steel and you can make almost anything you need. Now that's not saying everything we make will be perfect, but it will be servisable for sure. The best part of my adventure at the Forge is being with my brother.
These are V Bit Tongs
I will try to take some step by step pictures and put them on this Blog.
Well that's all I have for today, so take care of yourself and each other and I'll see you on the Dance Floor.


No comments:

Post a Comment