Saturday, February 9, 2019

FRIDAY AT THE FORGE

Good morning to you on this -12 C with 35/45 km/h wind out of the West. I know I'm late getting this posted but I slept in. 

This was another great day at the forge, things went better this week and not too many errors, although, I didn't get forge-welding anything. We did manage to turn out 2 coat hooks, one out of flat-stock and one out of round stock. We forged a ball on each end and a couple of bends and a couple of holes punched, which only took a couple of hours when we subtract the talk time or listening to Willie time which is also very important. Now you might think there's not much skill in making these, and you are correct, so my advice is, go get yourself a Forge, an Anvil, and a couple of Hammers, and get to it. You will find "it's drop dead easy" (a PAism).

 For us it's a great day to be at the Forge and having fun, like 3 young Brothers hanging out together, and doing whatever we want, whenever we want, which I think is an invaluable slice of life we are so lucky to have, and knowing that very few people ever get the opportunity to enjoy.

Cookie Club tomorrow. Take care of yourself and each other and I'll see you either on the Dance Floor or at the Forge.

No comments:

Post a Comment