Saturday, January 5, 2019

FRIDAY AT THE FORGE

Friday Jan. 4,19 found the three brothers back in the shop, admiring Dave's and George's fine craftsmanship on the power hammer, which by the way is looking amazing.

My day at the forge was definitely not as productive as I had anticipated, for one, I couldn't get my forge welds to stick properly, followed by too much material loss during the heating process. So now it's back to the books, the online videos, and try to figure out through a better understand why things went wrong, besides lack of knowledge and lack experience. Then go get more steel, and hope for some good luck and more productivity next Friday. All under the heading of "learning".

That's all I have for today, so try get time to get out to your shop, your studio, your music room, practice room or your ski hill & trail, or skating rink and work on whatever is "YOUR PASSION".  

No comments:

Post a Comment