Saturday, January 19, 2019

FRIDAY AT THE FORGE

Wow! Another chilly morning in our town, -24C and a NW wind at 9km/h gives us a -31C wind chill. today should be sunny with cloudy periods and the snow starting late this afternoon.

I had a great day at Forge with the Brothers and Steve Morris. Steve is a Farrier/Blacksmith who shoes the horses at Brother Dave's, he sure gave us some real good pointers on Forge Welding, Drawing out steel and Ideas on what we can make. So Thank you Steve this was our first sort of lesson from someone who really, really knows what he is doing. 

Dave has the Power Hammer almost finished and as you can see it is going to work like a charm. 
 Yesterday I was able to use it for the first time, sort of a trial run and it sure can pound out hot steel. We will get lots of use out of this machine.
I didn't start any new projects yesterday, but will pick up more steel this week and get something underway next Friday, may some coat hooks for the shop.
I hope we don't get too much snow tonight and tomorrow because tomorrow is Cookie Club Sunday for our A2 Dancers. Also I want to say a Huge Thank You to Mel and Barry for using one of my articles on Square Dance Calling in the latest edition of "Behind The Mic" which is an International Magazine For Callers from Australia.

That's all I have for today on Blacksmithing and Square Dance Calling. Take care of your self and each other and I'll see you on the Dance Floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment