Friday, December 21, 2018

FREEZING RAIN DAY

Good morning, it's a wet Friday so far, but the temperature is about +2 C here in our town so although I haven't been outside yet, I don't think it is freezing.


My seventeenth year of teaching Square Dancing to grade seven and eight students at Frank Ryan is now in the history book. Thank you to all the teachers, staff, and students for making these past five day so enjoyable for me, rewarding and fun for the students. Six, fifty minute classes of between seven and ten squares per day sure can wear this old man down, but the enthusiasm, eagerness to learn and participate, plus the final accomplishments of the students (from Circle Left to Tea Cup Chain) even having to hold a "Dance-off Competition" for a position in the Centre Teaching Square,  is so overwhelming, that fatigue doesn't set in until it's all over. I consider myself to be a very lucky caller to have been granted this opportunity to leave my passion for this Square Dance Movement in the minds of so many over the years. Thanks once again to Frank Ryan Community you are the greatest.  

That's all I have for today folks, take care of yourself and each other and I'll see you on the Dance Floor.

1 comment:

  1. Paul, It really is fantastic that you bring the fun of square dancing to so many young people! Well done!

    ReplyDelete